Princess Margaret Rose Hospital

Princess Margaret Rose Hospital

Morris and Steedman, formed in 1955 by james Morris and Robert Steedman, designed many of Scotland’s finest post war houses.

Unusual amongst their catalogue however was this Edinburgh Hospital constructed between 1960 and 1968. It was arguably one of the most influential designs for a hospital pavilion but was sadly lost through fire in 2002.

It’s design continues to inspire however and Malcolm Fraser adopted its style for a new housing development within the hospital grounds.